Photo Gallery

Mudhole Campground

Our viewers have given Mudhole Campground a 5 star rating from 1 review.
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Don't let the name deceive you! Mudhole Campground is in the town of Priest River and is one of the five facilities in the Albeni Falls Dam project. The campground is very well maintained with some nice developments and is anything but a mudhole. Its heavily forested surroundings give the campers privacy and maintains its rustic charm. There is something for everyone. It is also known as Priest River Recreation Area.

Campsites: There are 20 campsites with a max of 8 persons per site. Each site has a table and fire pit. There are no electric hookups. Some of the sites are more secluded than others, and most of them offer some privacy. There is also a bike campsite section which includes bike racks. These bike sites are fairly private because they are tucked away off the road.

Host on Site: There is a host on site.

Water: Yes, there is pressurized water and it tastes good.

Garbage Services: Yes

Restroom: The restrooms have flushing toilets and clean, coin operated showers. There are large dish washing sinks located outside the restroom building.

Handicap Accessible: Yes.

Firewood: There is firewood for sale at the campground.

Pets: Pets must be caged or on a leash at all times, and it is strictly enforced. You must clean up after your pet. Dogs are not allowed on the swimming beach area.

Picnic Area: There is a picnic area with a large group shelter which includes a portable chimney fireplace. The group shelter can be reserved by calling Albeni Falls Dams at (208) 437-3133.

Recreation: There is a playground, ball field, amphitheater, and a beach. Tours of the Albeni Falls Dam are given daily at the visitor center 2 mi E of Newport, WA. Also check out the Bird Aviation Museum and Invention Center located nearby.

Fishing: Fishing at Priest River.

Boating: There is a boat launch and fishing docks.

Swimming: There is a designated swimming area.

Wildlife: One mile from Priest Lake there is a wildlife viewing area. We spotted wild geese in the campground along with deer.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews for these nearby campgrounds; Springy Point Recreation Area, Sam Owens Campground, Riley Creek Recreation Area andRound Lake State Park.

Fee Schedule: $16 each night, $10 for an extra car.

Campground Reservations: Yes, reservations may be made through The picnic area may be reserved by calling Albeni Falls Dams at (208) 437-3133.

Phone service: Yes, there is a pay phone and cell phone reception in the Mudhole Campground.

Nearby Services: Any services you need can be found in Priest River just one half mile west on Hwy 2.

RV Dumping Site: Yes.

Location/Driving instructions: The Mudhole Campground is .5 miles east of Priest River on Hwy 2.

Coordinates: 48.179043,-116.892190

Elevation: 2078 Feet

Reviewed: June 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Mudhole Campground

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
High: 77°F High: 76°F High: 81°F High: 84°F High: 83°F High: 79°F High: 78°F
Partly cloudy starting in the evening. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy throughout the day. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy in the morning. Partly cloudy until evening.
7% chance of rain 19% chance of rain 9% chance of rain 34% chance of rain 66% chance of rain 36% chance of rain 54% chance of rain
Low: 54°F Low: 60°F Low: 58°F Low: 57°F Low: 58°F Low: 56°F Low: 54°F
Powered by Dark Sky



great place to camp, lots to do
August 9, 2017 1:37 am

great family campground. We really enjoyed our stay.
August 29, 2017 2:37 am

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!