Photo Gallery

Amanita Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Amanita Campground is located on the west shore near the north end of Cascade Lake. It sets right on the water with a small stream flowing into the lake on the north end of the campground. We had some good luck fishing where this stream entered the lake. This area is heavily forested with underbrush which allows for some privacy even though the campsites are fairly close together. This is a natural setting without lawns and paving.

Campsites: There are 10 campsites, each can be used for RV or tent camping. The road and driveways are gravel. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring with attached grill.

Host on Site: The host for Amanita Campground stays at Rainbow Point Campground less than a quarter mile away. His name is Ed and he has been doing this for 18 years.

Water: The water is a pressurized system which is shared with Rainbow Point Campground. It had good pressure and tasted okay.

Garbage Services: Amanita Campground has garbage service with bear resistant cans and a recycling bin for cans and bottles.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: There was a new vault style outhouse for 2011.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouse is handicap accessible but the campground is not handicap friendly when compared to the State Parks nearby.

Firewood: You will need to provide your own firewood.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash or caged.

Picnic Area: No.

Recreation: Recreation from Amanita Campground includes; camping, fishing, boating, water skiing, jet skiing, hiking and photography.

Fishing: Fishing is available in Cascade Lake for trout, perch, large and small mouth bass and northern pikeminnow.

Boating: A boat ramp is available at Rainbow Point Campground.

Swimming: There is no swimming area at Amanita Campground. If you choose to swim be considerate of the fishermen.

Wildlife: Deer are abundant in the nearby forest. as well as black bear nearby. Use caution when storing your food and make sure you use the garbage cans each night.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviewed these nearby campgrounds; Amanita Campground, Big Sage Campground, Blue Heron Campground, Buttercup Campground, Crown Point Campground, Curlew Campground, French Creek Campground, Huckleberry Campground, Poison Creek Campground, Rainbow Point Campground, Ridgeview Campground, Sage Bluff Campground, Sugarloaf Campground, Van Wyck Campground West Mountain Campground.

Fee Schedule: For 2017 the daily fee was $15.00 with no extra vehicle fee. There is no day-use area.

Campground Reservations: Campsites 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9 maybe reserved for your camping trip by going to recreation.gov. Amanita Campground is very busy during July and August so plan ahead.

Phone service: No pay phone in the campground but we had cell reception.

Nearby Services: For those camping supplies such as food, gas, propane and pop I would recommend a quick trip to Donnelly.

RV Dumping Site: There are two RV dumping stations nearby. One is in Donnelly near the feed store and the other is on the north end of West Mountain Campground.

Location/Driving instructions: For directions from Donnelly, Idaho follow this Google Map.

Coordinates: 44.701559,-116.130963

Elevation: 4849 Feet

Reviewed: June 2011

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Amanita Campground

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
High: 34°F High: 36°F High: 37°F High: 39°F High: 32°F High: 30°F High: 34°F
Partly cloudy until afternoon. Partly cloudy starting in the evening. Partly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy until afternoon. Snow (< 1 in.) overnight. Snow (1–2 in.) overnight. Snow (2–4 in.) until afternoon, starting again in the evening.
6% chance of snow 7% chance of snow 10% chance of snow 11% chance of snow 15% chance of snow 46% chance of snow 54% chance of snow
Low: 16°F Low: 19°F Low: 22°F Low: 18°F Low: 19°F Low: 20°F Low: 18°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!