Photo Gallery

Apgar Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Apgar Campground is located between US Hwy 12 and the Lochsa River a few miles northeast of Lowell, Idaho. This the main route between Lewiston, Idaho, and the Lolo Pass to Montana and beyond. Many campers stop at Apgar Campground for a night as they pass through. The area is heavily forested and there are many cedar trees in Apgar campground. I saw honeysuckle blooming. Having never seen it, I thought is was some new bush at first, humm.. I can see our family enjoying this campground. We would set-up a net in the meadow for badminton or volleyball and roast hot dogs and marshmallows at the fire pit. With the river for fishing, we would have a good time here!

Campsites: There are 7 tent / RV camping sites. The sites on the river are shorter and could not handle an RV of size, but the sites closer to the highway are longer.

Water: Yes, there is water but it tasted terrible. Why does tasting the water have to my job? Yuck!

Garbage Services: Yes, bearwise dumpster available.

Restroom: Nice vault style outhouse that was clean and well stocked.

Handicap Accessible: The toilets are handicap accessible.

Pets: Pets on a leash only.

Recreation: The Lochsa River is considered by many to be the best whitewater in Idaho. Rafters and kayakers come from around the world to run this river.

Fishing: There is a salmon and steelhead run on the Lochsa River, as well as trout to be caught. Be sure to check your regulations.

Boating: No boating.

Wildlife: There were chipmunks all over camp. Of course, take care with your food and garbage as bear live here, where don't they live?

Fee Schedule: $14.00 per day

Campground Reservations: Apgar Campground like Wild Goose is on a first come first served basis.

Phone service: No pay phone but there is at Lowell just a few miles down stream. We had no cell reception.

Nearby Services: Lowell, Idaho, just down stream 7.4 miles has gas, ice, pop and more.

RV Dumping Site: No.

Location/Driving instructions: From Kooskia, Idaho, travel east on US Hwy 12 for 29.0 miles, 7.4 miles past Lowell. Apgar Campground is on the right side on the river.

Coordinates: 46.213654,-115.536745

Elevation: 1589 Feet

Reviewed: June 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Apgar Campground

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
High: 31°F High: 35°F High: 35°F High: 40°F High: 39°F High: 41°F High: 46°F
Snow (1–2 in.) starting in the evening. Snow (4–7 in.) throughout the day. Snow (5–9 in.) throughout the day and windy in the morning. Snow (< 1 in.) in the morning. Snow (1–3 in.) until afternoon, starting again in the evening. Snow (1–3 in.) in the morning and evening. Light snow (< 1 in.) starting in the evening.
38% chance of snow 71% chance of snow 76% chance of snow 40% chance of snow 39% chance of snow 54% chance of snow 46% chance of snow
Low: 18°F Low: 25°F Low: 27°F Low: 18°F Low: 16°F Low: 27°F Low: 27°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!