Photo Gallery

Badger Creek Forest Camp

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Badger Creek Forest Camp is located on the banks of the Boise River above Arrowrock Lake. Mature pine trees cover the camp and most of the draws, with open sagebrush covering the surrounding hills. This is a fine little campground, but it is rather close to the main road. If you get there and it is full, there are many beautiful undeveloped camping areas along the river.

Campsites: There are only four camping sites at this campground. Each has a table and fire pit with a grill. Camping site 3 has two tables. The sites can be used by either an RV or a tent camper.

Water: There is no drinking water available here, but there is a pump at Willow Creek Campground a short drive away.

Garbage Services: No garbage here, pack it out please.

Restroom: There is one newer, vault style outhouse. It was reasonably clean.

Handicap Accessible: The toilet is handicap accessible.

Pets: Pets on a leash please.

Fishing: The Boise River flows past Badger Creek Forest Camp with some of the best trout fishing in the state available right beside camp.

Boating: No boating or ramp at this camp.

Swimming: One could swim in the Boise River. There is a rocky/sandy beach along the waters edge in a few spots. The current was strong in May when we were there, so use your judgment on the swimming.

Hiking: Corral Creek trail #129 and the William Pogue National Recreation trail #122 are just north of the campground

Wildlife: We saw wild horses just up the road on the ridge to the north. There are deer, bear and elk in this area. We saw fresh deer tracks on the road as we pulled into the campground. I am sure a bird watcher would find much to keep himself busy.

Fee Schedule: This is a no fee area.

Campground Reservations: This campground is available on a first come first serve basis.

Phone service: There is no phone or cell phone service at Badger Creek Camp. There is a phone at Twin Springs Resort just over a mile north on road 268.

Nearby Services: If you are coming in from Boise, the Spring Shores Marina is the last services such as pop and ice. Twin Springs Resort is just over a mile up the road with pop, ice, beer and other supplies.

RV Dumping Site: The nearest RV dumping station is at the Flying J near Boise or at Idaho City.

Location/Driving instructions: Eighteen miles NE on Hwy 21 to Spring Shores Rd. Turn right and follow this road just over twenty-five miles to the campground. This is a slow, rough, winding, gravel road.

Coordinates: 43.662128,-115.711746

Elevation: 3323 Feet

Reviewed: May 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Badger Creek Forest Camp

Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday
High: 71°F High: 74°F High: 82°F High: 84°F High: 68°F High: 66°F High: 73°F
Light rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy until afternoon. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Rain starting in the evening. Overcast throughout the day. Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
61% chance of rain 64% chance of rain 40% chance of rain 4% chance of rain 56% chance of rain 61% chance of rain 29% chance of rain
Low: 51°F Low: 52°F Low: 55°F Low: 58°F Low: 52°F Low: 50°F Low: 50°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!