Photo Gallery

Dagger Falls Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Dagger Falls Campground is at the end of Dagger Falls Road on the Salmon River at Dagger Falls. The forest is mature, offering shade, but the sites are close to each other so there is little privacy. Nearby Boundary Creek Campground is a busy area with its raft "put in" ramp and the Middle Fork of the Salmon River Trailhead nearby. The campground is surrounded by the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area. I would recommend against large RVs in this campground due to the road and the smaller campsites. Boundary Creek Campground would be a better choice.

Campsites: There are 8 tent / RV camping sites. Each have a picnic table and a fire ring with attached grill. The road and driveways are gravel and it has a very rustic feel to it.

Host on Site: There is no host on site.

Water: There is a pressurized water system in Dagger Falls Campground.

Garbage Services: Dagger Falls is a pack it in pack it out campground.

Restroom: Older, vault style outhouse, it was not especially clean during our visit.

Handicap Accessible: Not really, the outhouse is older and the campground is rough.

Firewood: You will need to provide your own firewood.

Pets: Pets allowed on a leash.

Picnic Area: There is no picnic area but there may be a vacant site you could use for a picnic lunch.

Recreation: Camping, fishing, and hiking are the main recreations at Dagger Falls Campground. There are some hot spring pools above the entrance to Dagger Creek. The review I read suggested that an abundance of bugs make it uncomfortable. There is a trail following the Salmon River upstream from here.

Fishing: Fishing in The Salmon River, Bear Valley, and other streams in this area appear to be catch and release only. Check the regulations.

Boating: The main raft "put in" ramp for the Salmon River is at Boundary Creek Campground and it can be a busy area. For info on the rafting lottery.

Swimming: The river runs fast and hard here, no swimming.

Hiking: The Idaho Centennial Trail wanders right through the campground.

Wildlife: This is on the edge of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness so you will likely see deer, bear, elk, moose, wolves and more.

Additional Camping Opportunities: Boundary Creek, Fir Creek and Bear Valley campgrounds are nearby options. There are many primitive camping sites, especially in Bear Valley.

Fee Schedule: As of May 2017 the overnight fee is $10 for each single campsite.

Campground Reservations: Dagger Falls Campground is a first come first serve facility, no reservations.

Phone service: None available.

Nearby Services: The nearest services such as gas, propane, food, ice and pop are in Stanley, Idaho 41 miles away.

RV Dumping Site: None closer than Stanley.

Location/Driving instructions: From Stanley, follow Hwy 21 about 21 miles to the Bear Valley Road where you will turn right. Take Bear Valley Road (579) 9.4 miles to Dagger Falls Road (568) and make another right. Follow Dagger Falls Road 9.6 miles to another right turn which leads down to Dagger Falls Campground in .6 miles. Use care driving the Dagger Falls Road as the rafter crews drive VERY fast and can be dangerous. From Boise, Idaho follow this GoogleMap.

Coordinates: 44.529240,-115.292352

Elevation: 5748 Feet

Reviewed: July 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Dagger Falls Campground

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday
High: 38°F High: 39°F High: 37°F High: 31°F High: 31°F High: 36°F High: 36°F
Snow (< 1 in.) in the morning. Partly cloudy in the morning. Light snow (< 1 in.) starting in the evening. Foggy in the morning. Light snow (< 1 in.) overnight. Mostly cloudy until afternoon. Snow (< 1 in.) overnight.
34% chance of snow 7% chance of snow 25% chance of snow 25% chance of snow 14% chance of snow 42% chance of snow 44% chance of snow
Low: 21°F Low: 15°F Low: 14°F Low: 17°F Low: 9°F Low: 19°F Low: 25°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!