Photo Gallery

Ditch Creek Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Ditch Creek Campground is rather undeveloped and under used. Don't get me wrong, it is usable and for the right group it would be a place to create great memories. It is set along Ditch Creek across the road from the Red River about 4 miles upstream from the old Red River Ranger Station. The hills surrounding Ditch Creek Campground are covered with forest, and we saw deer and elk in most meadows as we drove along the Red River.

Campsites: There are about 4 tent / RV campsites, each has a picnic table and fire ring with an attached grill. The road and driveways are gravel. 3 RV camping sites are along the Ditch Creek without trees and 1 campsite is away from the creek and has a few trees around it.

Host on Site: No.

Water: No potable water available.

Garbage Services: None.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: There is a small older outhouse available for your use.

Handicap Accessible: No.

Firewood: You will need to provide your own.

Pets: No stipulations.

Recreation: Camping, fishing, riding ATVs and soaking in the Red River Hot Springs seems to be the primary recreational activities from Ditch creek Campground.

Fishing: Fishing near Ditch Creek Campground is available and in the Red River, several small streams, and a few mountain lakes. Many people use their ATVs to access these remote lakes and streams. For local restrictions, check the regulations.

Boating: No.

Swimming: No.

Wildlife: We saw a dozen or so deer and a very large herd of elk in the short time we were in the area. Hunting is a major attraction here.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviewed these nearby campgrounds; Red River Campground, Bridge Creek Campground and Leggett Creek Campground. We drove past French Gulch Campground but did not take any pictures as it was occupied. For your information, it has 3 or 4 camping sites situated around a gravel lot next to the road.

Fee Schedule: Free as of May 2017.

Campground Reservations: None.

Phone service: None.

Nearby Services: Elk City, Idaho, has all the supplies and services a camper might run low on such as food, water, pop, gas and propane.

RV Dumping Site: According to several sources, there is an RV dumping station at the old Red River Ranger Station. It is free to the public.

Location/Driving instructions: To find Ditch Creek Campground from Elk City, Idaho, take Hwy 14 W 2.8 miles to a left turn onto Red River Road. Follow Red River Rd 17.5 miles to the campground which will be on your left side.

Coordinates: 45.750521,-115.270000

Elevation: 4660 Feet

Reviewed: June 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Ditch Creek Campground

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
High: 60°F High: 62°F High: 62°F High: 72°F High: 72°F High: 71°F High: 64°F
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Rain until evening, starting again overnight. Light rain until afternoon. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Foggy in the evening. Mostly cloudy starting in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy until evening.
51% chance of rain 93% chance of rain 92% chance of rain 17% chance of rain 54% chance of rain 53% chance of rain 47% chance of rain
Low: 39°F Low: 47°F Low: 49°F Low: 49°F Low: 49°F Low: 49°F Low: 46°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!