Photo Gallery

Grouse Campground

Our viewers have given Grouse Campground a 5 star rating from 1 review.
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Grouse Campground is on the shore of Goose Lake. Between Goose Lake and nearby Brundage Reservoir the fishing opportunities are great. The elevation is about 6400 feet with nearby Brundage mountain over 7700 feet so cool mornings can occur anytime. This is a newly updated and expanded campground. Many trees were removed leaving some camping sites nearly treeless. If you like a more open environment, you will be comfortable here.

Campsites: There are 22 RV camping sites, of which 9 may be reserved. Each site is equipped with picnic table and a fire pit with grill. RV sizes range from 25 foot to 45 foot. 13 camping sites are on a first come first serve basis. There is a campground host on site. The day use area is free. If the campground is full, there are other less developed camping sites along Goose Lake on the road headed toward Hazard Lake Campground.

Water: There is drinking water available through a hand pump well.

Garbage Services: No garbage services, pack it in, pack it out applies.

Restroom: The restrooms are vault/outhouse style, clean and well maintained.

Handicap Accessible: Grouse Campground is handicap accessible.

Pets: Pets are welcome.

Recreation: There are hiking trails nearby with scenic vistas and wildlife in several areas. Brundage mountain Ski Resort may also offer opportunities for your entertainment. Six Mile Trail starts just outside the campground. An equestrian facility is located less than a mile away. There is huckleberry picking in late summer!

Boating: Goose Lake is a no wake water. There is a boat ramp for accessing the lake at the day use area.

Fee Schedule: Grouse Campground fees are $10.00 - $15.00 per night/day, with the season being from July through October.

Campground Reservations: You may reserve a campsite at recreation.gov.

Phone service: There is no phone service available at the campground and our ATT cell phones had no reception. Some other cell services may provide reception in this area.

Nearby Services: The nearest services are at McCall, Idaho.

Location/Driving instructions: To get to Grouse campground from McCall, Idaho: Located approximately 16 miles from McCall, travel north on highway 55 for 5 miles and arrive at the junction to Goose Lake Road (FDR 257). Travel up the winding two lane paved road for approximately 4 more miles, then the roadway turns to a gravel surface. The road surface is often washboard and bumpy. Travel another 6.5 miles and you reach the turnoff to Grouse Campground. The campground is just several hundred feet down the road. From New Meadows: Travel south on Highway 55 for approximately 4 miles, take the Goose Lake Road turnoff and follow directions above. Reviewed February 2010 ( on site July 2009)

Coordinates: 45.068275,-116.166387

Elevation: 6370 Feet

Reviewed: July 2009

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Grouse Campground

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
High: 18°F High: 22°F High: 18°F High: 16°F High: 21°F High: 23°F High: 23°F
Snow (4–8 in.) until evening, starting again overnight. Snow (8–12 in.) throughout the day. Foggy starting in the afternoon. Snow (1–2 in.) in the morning and evening. Snow (1–2 in.) in the morning and overnight. Snow (7–10 in.) throughout the day. Snow (3–6 in.) until afternoon, starting again overnight.
51% chance of snow 60% chance of snow 37% chance of snow 30% chance of snow 33% chance of snow 52% chance of snow 46% chance of snow
Low: 10°F Low: 10°F Low: 2°F Low: 1°F Low: 12°F Low: 16°F Low: 15°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

julie hurlbut:

is there a beach or swimming area for kids?
July 9, 2017 10:38 pm
Roger:

I plan on visiting this campground in August but maybe we can get an answer from other campers.
July 12, 2017 3:42 am
Don Deidrich:

No "swimming area" but have seen people playing in  the water at the "boat ramp". water will be cold but clear.
January 21, 2018 11:05 pm
Don Deidrich:

Nice camping sites, need some trees in the south camping area.
January 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!