Photo Gallery

Lowman Fishing Ponds

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Lowman Fishing Ponds is a day use area along the North Fork of the Payette River. I have included it as a review because there are many free primitive camping sites along the Payette River in this area. We noticed many of these sites were being used. There are two ponds separated by a road on the flat land south of the river. There is a large parking area with a vault style outhouse. There are a couple covered picnic tables with barbecue stands. The tables are the handicap style where the table top is extended beyond the benches so there is room for a wheelchair. The ponds are a "Family Fishing Water" which means they are stocked regularly. You can check the regulations through a link on our Idaho Fishing Review page.

Campsites: Primitive campsites can be found by looking for signs like the one shown. You can also explore the side roads. My son had camped this area with friends so we took a road that led upstream on the south side of the river and found several.

Host on Site: No.

Water: No.

Garbage Services: No.

Restroom: Vault style outhouse.

Handicap Accessible: Yes!

Pets: On a leash only.

Recreation: Fishing!

Fishing: Family Fishing Water and the Payette River.

Boating: No.

Swimming: No.

Additional Camping Opportunities: If you want campground camping, there are several campgrounds nearby: Bonneville, Grandjean, Helende, Kirkham and Mountain View campgrounds.

Fee Schedule: All of these sites are free, but please clean up after yourself.

Campground Reservations: No reservations.

Phone service: No.

Nearby Services: Sourdough Lodge has gas, food, pop, ice and many other supplies. Sourdough Lodge is 1 1/2 miles west on Hwy 21.

RV Dumping Site: No.

Location/Driving instructions: From Lowman, drive east on Hwy 21 just over 12 miles. There will be a road (Forest Rd 066) on your right. Take this road, and after you cross the Payette River you will see this sign. Turn right.

Coordinates: 44.116234,-115.408709

Elevation: 4348 Feet

Reviewed: July 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Lowman Fishing Ponds

Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday
High: 37°F High: 36°F High: 34°F High: 32°F High: 29°F High: 35°F High: 35°F
Light snow (< 1 in.) in the morning. Partly cloudy in the morning. Snow (< 1 in.) starting in the evening. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Mostly cloudy overnight. Light snow (< 1 in.) in the morning. Snow (< 1 in.) overnight.
28% chance of snow 7% chance of snow 23% chance of snow 28% chance of snow 12% chance of snow 42% chance of snow 46% chance of snow
Low: 18°F Low: 12°F Low: 11°F Low: 13°F Low: 7°F Low: 19°F Low: 22°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!