Photo Gallery

Park Creek Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Park Creek Campground is in the Pioneer Mountains on Trail Creek Road along the Big Lost River. It is surrounded by several peaks standing over 10,000 feet in elevation. This country is beautiful, wild and rugged. The campground is certainly well placed to allow access to this entire area.

Campsites: There are 2 tent / RV camping sites in Park Creek Campground. Each has a picnic table and fire ring with attached grill. The road and driveways are dirt/gravel. The campground is forested with partial shade and little undergrowth.

Host on Site: No.

Water: Potable water is available from a hand-pump equipped well. The water was somewhat metallic flavored but not as bad as some campgrounds. I would bring my own drinking water.

Garbage Services: There is no garbage service here so you will need to pack it out with you.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: There is a vault style outhouse here. It is older but nice and was clean at the time of our visit.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouse is handicap accessible but the rest of the campground is not.

Firewood: There is no firewood to purchase here but one could gather or bring their own.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be on a leash.

Picnic Area: Park Creek Campground does not have a picnic area so to speak, however, there is a group site. We stopped for lunch in a free primitive site right across the road along a small creek covered by trees.

Recreation: There were many people riding their ATVs from this campground exploring the small roads and trail in the hills nearby. One could come just to camp or hike, fish, backpack, mountain bike, do some horseback riding or practice your photography.

Fishing: The Big Lost River and several streams are available nearby. Check the regulations here.

Boating: No.

Swimming: No real swimming available here, there is the creek to fish or wade in.

Wildlife: This is high wild country so one could see pretty much any kind of wildlife. Deer, elk, bear, mountain goat, sheep, mountain lion or cougar and of course, wolves. There are moose in Trail Creek Valley to the west.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews for these nearby campgrounds; Phi Kappa Campground, Garden Creek Recreation Site and Boundary Campground. There are many free primitive camping sites nearby including one across the road with a stone fire ring and plenty of shade along a small stream.

Fee Schedule: The sign indicated the fee was $5.00 per vehicle per day. No other fees were listed.

Campground Reservations: No reservations. We found the campground almost empty on a Thursday in July.

Phone service: We had cell reception at Trail Creek Summit which is just west of Park Creek Campground on Trail Creek Road. There are pay phones available in Ketchum, Idaho.

Nearby Services: If you run out food, pop, candy, ice or maybe marshmallows I recommend a drive to Sun Valley. There are any camping supplies one might need in Sun Valley or Ketchum, Idaho.

RV Dumping Site: There is a RV Dumping Station in a meadow on the north side of the Sawtooth NRA Visitors Center which is located a few miles north of Ketchum on Hwy 75.

Location/Driving instructions: From the edge of Sun Valley, Idaho travel 11.8 miles east on Sun Valley Road / Trail Creek Road. Park Creek Campground will be on the left.

Coordinates: 43.8357450,-114.2586620

Elevation: 7677 Feet

Reviewed: July 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Park Creek Campground

Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
High: 50°F High: 59°F High: 65°F High: 62°F High: 54°F High: 56°F High: 56°F
Light rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening. Partly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy starting in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Rain overnight. Overcast throughout the day. Overcast throughout the day.
79% chance of rain 52% chance of rain 12% chance of rain 17% chance of rain 34% chance of rain 61% chance of rain 39% chance of rain
Low: 37°F Low: 41°F Low: 43°F Low: 42°F Low: 40°F Low: 42°F Low: 42°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!