Photo Gallery

Pole Flat Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Pole Flat Campground is on a hill on the east side of the Yankee Fork of the Salmon River. This is gold country so you will find many historic relics of the mining age from Sunbeam to Custer. The elevation here is about 6100 feet, with the nearby mountains reaching heights greater than 9000 feet. Even so, the days can be rather hot, but the nights will likely cool off.

Campsites: There are 10 tent / RV camping sites, each equipped with a picnic table and fire ring with attached grill. The road and driveways are gravel. Pole Flat Campground is well forested with a fair number of aspen trees mixed in among the pines. There are many young, small pines which give the sites much greater privacy than most campgrounds.

Picnic Area: There is no picnic area at Pole Flat Campground.

Recreation: The surrounding area offers many recreational opportunities such as backpacking through the nearby mountains, or fishing the Yankee Fork, Salmon River and their tributaries. We saw many ATVs along the Yankee Fork. Sightseeing at the many historic sites can be quite interesting.

Wildlife: Deer, elk and bear are fairly common here while mountain goats and mountain lions would be harder to find. Wolves are sure to be in the area.

Fee Schedule: The daily fee is $10.00 per site with no additional vehicle fee.

Campground Reservations: No reservations, this is a first come, first serve campground. Most sites were open when we passed through on a week day in July.

Phone service: Cell reception and a pay phone or two can be found at Stanley, Idaho.

Nearby Services: Stanley has food, ice, pop, gas, propane and many more camping supplies.

RV Dumping Site: There is a RV dumping station south of Stanley.

Location/Driving instructions: Pole Flat Campground is only 16.1 miles from Stanley, Idaho. Take Hwy 75 NE 13.0 miles toward Challis to Yankee Fork Road at Sunbeam. The campground is 3.1 miles north on Yankee Fork Road on the right side.

Coordinates: 44.3033200,-114.7201500

Elevation: 6147 Feet

Reviewed: July 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Pole Flat Campground

Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
High: 73°F High: 59°F High: 64°F High: 67°F High: 71°F High: 69°F High: 64°F
Partly cloudy starting in the afternoon. Rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening. Rain in the morning and afternoon. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy in the morning. Mostly cloudy starting in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
37% chance of rain 80% chance of rain 85% chance of rain 73% chance of rain 14% chance of rain 13% chance of rain 28% chance of rain
Low: 39°F Low: 40°F Low: 42°F Low: 45°F Low: 45°F Low: 41°F Low: 40°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!