Photo Gallery

Rainbow Point Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Rainbow Point Campground is set on the west shore of Cascade Lake near the north end. It is in heavy forest and is well shaded. The campground offers a natural setting. The underbrush allows for privacy although the campsites are fairly close together. Cascade Lake is only a 100 yards or so away and offers fishing and boating. If it weren't for the nice paved road leading to Rainbow Point Campground, one would feel like they were in a remote setting.

Campsites: There are 12 RV campsites with dirt driveways and each has a picnic table, fire ring with attach grill , along with a tent square.

Host on Site: "Ed" has been the camp host for 18 years and his site is situated near the entrance.

Water: Rainbow Point Campground has a pressurized water system with two faucets. One is near the info sign at the host's site and the other is between campsites 5 and 6.

Garbage Services: Garbage service is available in bear resistant cans. I recommend using them to avoid night time visits by a neighboring bear.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: There is a new vault style outhouse near campsite 5 and another older one in the boat ramp parking area.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouses are handicap accessible but this would not be a good choice for handicap camping.

Firewood: You will need to provide your own firewood as of 2011.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash or caged.

Picnic Area: There is one picnic table by the lake near the boat ramp. It offers a beautiful view of the lake.

Recreation: Recreation from Rainbow Point Campground includes; camping, fishing, boating, hiking and photography.

Fishing: Fishing is available in Cascade Lake for trout, large and small mouth bass, perch and Northern Pikeminnow. A few years ago I saw a four pound trout caught from the bank.

Boating: Rainbow Point Campground offers lake access by a nice little ramp and has parking for your trailer with no daily fee.

Swimming: There is no "swimming area" but I am sure many people play in the lake.

Wildlife: Black bear live here so use caution storing your food and disposing of your garbage. There are deer near the campground and birds as well as small woodland critters all around.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviewed these nearby campgrounds; Amanita Campground, Big Sage Campground, Blue Heron Campground, Buttercup Campground, Crown Point Campground, Curlew Campground, French Creek Campground, Huckleberry Campground, Poison Creek Campground, Ridgeview Campground, Sage Bluff Campground, Sugarloaf Campground, Van Wyck Campground and West Mountain Campground.

Fee Schedule: The fee for 2011 was $15.00 per day with no fee for your extra vehicle or day use area. I would not be surprised if the extra vehicle and day use fees were changed for 2012.

Campground Reservations: You may reserve these campsites at recreation.gov.

Phone service: There is no pay phone at the campground but we had reception with our cell phones.

Nearby Services: Donnelly is a short drive away for most camping supplies like gas, propane, food and fishing supplies.

RV Dumping Site: There are two RV dumping stations nearby; one in Donnelly near the feed store. the other is at the north end of West Mountain Campground further south on the west side of Cascade Lake.

Location/Driving instructions: Rainbow Point Campground is located on the west side of Cascade Lake near the north end. Follow this Google Map.

Coordinates: 44.7032260,-116.1320740

Elevation: 4852 Feet

Reviewed: June 2011

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Rainbow Point Campground

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
High: 34°F High: 35°F High: 37°F High: 39°F High: 32°F High: 30°F High: 34°F
Partly cloudy in the morning. Partly cloudy starting in the evening. Partly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy until afternoon. Snow (< 1 in.) overnight. Snow (1–2 in.) overnight. Snow (2–4 in.) until afternoon, starting again in the evening.
6% chance of snow 7% chance of snow 10% chance of snow 11% chance of snow 17% chance of snow 46% chance of snow 54% chance of snow
Low: 16°F Low: 18°F Low: 22°F Low: 18°F Low: 19°F Low: 20°F Low: 18°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!