Photo Gallery

Rattlesnake Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Rattlesnake Campground is located on the east side of the Middle Fork of the Payette River on flat land. The flat is heavily forested with timber and undergrowth. There is good access to the river and most campsites offer some privacy. However, this is a group camp and has a nice group shelter in the middle of the campground.

Campsites: There are 10 campsites, each has a picnic table and fire pit. Sites 5, 6 and 7 have a paved driveway and the road is paved, while sites 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 and 10 are gravel. There is a group shelter with a large fire pit and three benches around it on one end.

Host on Site: No.

Water: There is water available from a hand pump equipped well.

Garbage Services: No.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: The vault style outhouse is located across the road from the group shelter.

Handicap Accessible: The center 3 campsites, outhouse and group shelter are paved and offer good access.

Firewood: I would recommend providing your own firewood, but firewood may be purchased from the host at Trail Creek Campground.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be leashed.

Picnic Area: None.

Recreation: Camping, fishing, hunting, four-wheeling, wildlife watching, hiking and biking are a few of the activities around Rattlesnake Campground.

Fishing: There are rainbow trout and whitefish in the Middle Fork of the Payette River. If you are up for a bit of rough terrain, check out the river past Trail Creek. The river passes through a canyon and access is limited so the fishing should be better. Be careful if you try this!

Boating: No.

Swimming: Wading.

Wildlife: Deer, elk, black bear, wolves, fox and other woodland animals live nearby. Take care with your food and garbage storage to avoid a night time visit from a neighborhood bear. The campground was full of bear droppings when we visited.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews of these nearby campgrounds; Trail Creek Campground, Tie Creek Campground, Hardscrabble Campground, Boiling Springs Campground, Peace Valley Campground, Peace Creek Trailhead and Silver Creek Plunge and Campground.

Fee Schedule: The campground is available only as a group and rents for $110.00 per night.

Campground Reservations: Rattlesnake Campground may be reserved at

Phone service: None.

Nearby Services: Crouch is the nearest location for food or supplies.

RV Dumping Site: No.

Location/Driving instructions: From Boise, Idaho follow this GoogleMap.

Coordinates: 44.266431,-115.880095

Elevation: 3621 Feet

Reviewed: September 2012

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Rattlesnake Campground

Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
High: 72°F High: 76°F High: 61°F High: 65°F High: 70°F High: 71°F High: 67°F
Partly cloudy until evening. Light rain overnight. Rain until evening. Light rain starting in the afternoon, continuing until evening. Mostly cloudy throughout the day. Partly cloudy in the morning. Rain in the evening.
71% chance of rain 29% chance of rain 86% chance of rain 43% chance of rain 15% chance of rain 15% chance of rain 34% chance of rain
Low: 50°F Low: 53°F Low: 49°F Low: 48°F Low: 50°F Low: 50°F Low: 51°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!