Photo Gallery

Whitehouse Campground

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

Whitehouse Campground is on the Lochsa River in the Clearwater National Forest. This country is heavily forested and the Lochsa River is beautiful. This is a nice campground right on the river. Check out the pictures of the camping sites.

Campsites: Whitehouse Campground has 11 tent / RV camping sites. Each site has a paved driveway, picnic table, barbecue stand and fire ring. Time for some marshmallow roasting!

Water: There is a well with a hand pump which is tested on a regular basis. I found it to be mildly metallic in flavor.

Garbage Services: Garbage service is available in a bearwise dumpster.

Restroom: Vault style outhouse restrooms are clean and well stocked.

Handicap Accessible: Yes, the Whitehouse Campground is handicap accessible.

Pets: On a leash only.

Recreation: The main attraction is the Lochsa River for both its whitewater and world class fishing. If you cross the river to the south, you will be headed into the Selway - Bitterroot Wilderness Area,

Fishing: The Lochsa River has great fishing for salmon and trout and is known as one of the best rivers for steelhead fishing.

Boating: There are no boating facilities in Whitehouse Campground.

Wildlife: Deer, elk, moose, bear and many species of birds live here. Have your camera ready! Use caution with your food and garbage so as not to attract bear.

Fee Schedule: The daily fee is $8.00 plus $2.00 more if you have an extra vehicle.

Campground Reservations: First come first served, no reservations.

Phone service: No pay phone at the campground nor is there cell phone reception. If need be, you can find a phone at a lodge a few miles east on US Hwy 12.

Nearby Services: For gas, ice, pop, showers and other services go to Lochsa Lodge next to Powell Campground.

RV Dumping Site: No, but there is a dumping station at Wilderness Gateway Campground.

Location/Driving instructions: Whitehouse Campground is located 83.4 miles east of Kooskia, Idaho, on US Hwy 12. From Missoula, MT, travel south on Hwy 12/93 for 10.2 miles. Turn right onto US Hwy 12 and travel another 48.2 miles. The campground is on the river side of the highway.

Coordinates: 46.506726,-114.774759

Elevation: 3288 Feet

Reviewed: June 2010

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

7 Day forecast for Whitehouse Campground

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
High: 27°F High: 29°F High: 28°F High: 29°F High: 31°F High: 37°F High: 36°F
Snow (1–4 in.) until afternoon, starting again in the evening. Snow (7–10 in.) throughout the day. Light snow (< 1 in.) in the morning. Snow (1–4 in.) in the morning and afternoon. Light snow (< 1 in.) in the morning. Snow (1–2 in.) starting in the evening. Snow (1–2 in.) in the morning and evening.
46% chance of snow 65% chance of snow 42% chance of snow 38% chance of snow 36% chance of snow 27% chance of snow 37% chance of snow
Low: 16°F Low: 21°F Low: 16°F Low: 13°F Low: 21°F Low: 19°F Low: 19°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!